Click the link below to view the current contract between AEA and AUSD.
Tentative Agreement Reached for 2019-2020
Click Here for a DRAFT Compressed Salary Schedule – this will not be used until the 2021-2022 school year and will be updated to reflect the salary increase
New Evaluation forms will be posted as soon as they are finalized by HR.
Here is a summary of our 2019-2020 Tentative Agreement:
Article 11 Hours of Employment
- Meetings-limited to 2 per month outside of the workday
- Prep time-Elementary prep time will continue to be 180 minutes per week for 2020-21 school year. Beginning in the 2021 -22 school year it will increase to 200 minutes per week.
- Special Education-Secondary Case management period will continue as contract language.
Article 12 Salary
- All salary schedules and rates of pay will increase by 2% retro to July 1, 2019
- New salary schedule to remove the “Years in AUSD” column and compact the salary schedule from 34 to 31 years will begin in the 2021-22 school year
Article 13 Health and Welfare Benefits
- Change of Employee Assistance Plan to Morrell Sheppell company
- Increases to AUSD contribution to Benefits: Singles ($10 per month), 2 Party ($10 per month), and Family ($20 per month)
- Increase to Cash in Liu $10 per month
Article 15 Class Size
- TK-K Average of 24 students with maximum of 28 students. If necessary, an increase of up to 2 students will be allowed and paid at a rate of $15 per day, per extra student.
- 1st-3rd Average 24, with maximum 29 (decrease of 1 student)
- 4-5 average 30, with maximum 32(decrease of 1 student)
- 6-12-no change
- Elementary SDC Moderate/Severe-Class sizes reduced by one student.
- All elementary SDC teachers may voluntarily increase class size by up to 3 students with compensation of $15 per day per student.
Article 19 Evaluations
- Updated evaluation forms to match current CSTPs
- 2021-22 School Year
- School starts in the beginning of August
- 1 week fall break to match 1 of east county’s break
- Full week at Thanksgiving
- 2+ Weeks of Winter Break
- 1 week spring break to match 1 of east county’s break
- End of year in early June
- Staff Development Days throughout the year
- New Teacher work days are spread throughout the year
- Built in Emergency Make up days as required by the state